This standard room is located in the first floor just above room 102 in the same direction i.e. northwest where the famous Tathagatha Tsal (Buddha Park) is located. This room is entered from the southern side and the washroom can be found in the north-eastern corner. The total area of the room is approximately 190sq ft.
It has the following features:
- 12mm thick thermal insulation with 3mm woollen wall to wall carpets on the floor for protection against the biting cold.
- Wall panelling with one of the strongest bamboos (Mal Baas) of the state.
- The twin cots are made up of the costliest timber wood locally called Rani Chaanp generally used for furniture in Sikkim.
- Bamboo (mal baas) furnished luggage rack and shoe rack. Mini wardrobe also available.
- Suitably decorated ceiling with mal baas mat all across.
- Intercom & call-bell facilities are supported with Central eco-friendly solar water heating system.
- All the illumination is done with eco-friendly and energy saving LED lights/T.V.
- The washrooms are comfortably sized and finished with marble/ceramic tiles with hot and cold water available 24hrsx7days.
- Thermos flask with hot water to suit the cold climatic condition.
This room is named after Ahley Dara which is a hillock just above our hotel. ‘Dara’ means a small hill and ‘Ahley’ means a water body where animals take a dip. The place is within walking distance, suitable for a family walk in the evenings and mornings. Along the Ahley Dara there is a Tibetan settlement established by the Govt. of India during the reign of Smt. Indira Gandhi.
The Ahley Dara has carpet weaving centres & showrooms of hand woven carpets and other handicrafts run by Tibetan co-operatives. It also houses a regional office for the Tibetan Govt. in exile.