This standard room is located in the northwest direction and is named as ‘Tendong’. The snow capped mountain range is clearly visible from the western window of this room. This room being on the ground floor is likely to be designated as a room for the differently able people due to its easy access to the front office and the multi cuisine restaurant named “Roots and Shoots”. The entrance of the room is from the south to the northeast & its washroom face south. The total area of the room is approximately 190sq ft.
The room has the following features:
- 12mm thick thermal insulation with 3mm woollen wall to wall carpets on the floor for protection against the biting cold.
- Wall panelling with one of the strongest bamboos (Mal Baas) up to window level.
- The twin cots are made up of the costliest timber wood locally called Rani Chaanp generally used for furniture in Sikkim.
- Bamboo (mal baas) furnished luggage rack and shoe rack. Mini wardrobe also available.
- Suitably decorated ceiling with mal baas mat all across.
- Intercom & call-bell facilities are supported with Central eco-friendly solar water heating system.
- All the illumination is done with eco-friendly and energy saving LED lights/T.V.
- The washrooms are comfortably sized and finished with marble/ceramic tiles with Hot and Cold water available 24hrsx7days.
- Thermos flask with hot water to suit the cold climatic condition.
The room is named after the famous Tendong peak. History tells us that this peak saved the citizens when there were severe floods and the primitive tribes of Sikkim agree to this folktale.
A festival “Tendong Lho Ram Phat” is celebrated annually in this peak. The hill is 8560 ft above the mean sea level. There are many breathtaking trekking trails leading to the summit of this peak, it is a trekkers paradise. The state government has declared a state holiday to celebrate this festival.